Thursday, December 16, 2010

Cody


3. I couldn't leave like that. I had to know why

I couldn't just leave the rink with out knowing what was going to happen to Cody. I saw the blood on the ice and I felt like crying , why was there so much blood, what was I going to with out my big brother. He was the world to me, we were best friends.

About a year or so after Cody passed on my mom and dad told me that I was going to have a little brother or sister, I was hoping my mom was going to have a boy because I felt like if my mom had a little boy he would be replacing Cody. No one could ever replace Cody, I didn't know that at the time, not until Jordyn was born.

Two years after Cody passed on, we moved into our new, big house. In our new house we had an extra room, that is Cody's room, it has some of his things in there. One month after we moved into the house, Jordyn was born and I fell in love with her even after I thought I wouldn't like her.

When Jordyn was born I didn't know if I was going to like her or not because she wasn't a boy, I didn't want a little sister. I wanted a little brother. My mom told me that Jordyn wasn't going to take Cody's place, for a while I didn't believe her. My mom was right, but there are certain things that Jordyn does that remind us of Cody.

Jordyn's middle name is C.J which is short for Cody Josh. Even though Jordyn didn't know him he is a part of her. Cody is always talked about in our house. He will always be apart of our family and in our hearts forever. We always enjoy hearing all the stories that people tell.

Every year we give a trophy away to the most dedicated Novice player. He was a very dedicated hockey player and loved the game, he always told mom that him and Steven were going to play in NHL.

Christmas is very hard for us still around our house, it just isn't the same. Mom and Dad try the best they can to always make the best possible holiday for Jordyn and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment